The goals of this Committee are to:
- Explore and establish innovative measurement principles for the new and emerging fields of telecommunications, with focus on: modern mobile radio (cellular, WLAN, satellite, 3G and 4G broadband multimedia systems) and optical telecommunications (fiber-optic based and infrared wireless access);
- Apply inovative communication technologies in the field of distributed measurement systems associated with healthcare, environment monitoring, manufacturing, energy;
- Develop and promote new measurement standards for telecommunications;
- Develop and promote the application of new telecomunication standards in the field of distributed and smart instrumentation;
- Organize workshops and conferences where emerging instrumentation and measurement technologies for telecommunications and emerging telecomunications for measurement systems can be disseminated;
- Maintain liaisons with other committees, societies, and organizations working on instrumentation and measurement systems for telecommunications. Are underlined the collaborations of TC-13 with TC-25 and TC-18 members regarding the design and implementation of new distributed measurement systems for healthcare and environment monitoring.
Your support and contribution to the activities of the committee are highly appreciated!